Scientist Molecular Biology, Antibody Discovery
Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Scientist / Molecular Biologist to join our Antibody Discovery team
Our capabilities and the modular nature of XmAb technology allows us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a deep pipeline of novel drug candidates enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific antibody and cytokine technologies. Nine XmAb bispecific antibody programs are in clinical testing, and more are expected to start clinical testing in 2021. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. We and our partners are advancing 18 XmAb drug candidates through clinical development, and two medicines that incorporate XmAb technology are approved for commercial marketing.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to advance the B-cell and NGS focused Antibody Discovery efforts at Xencor. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact within a group that is driving the discovery of advanced biologics therapeutics. The successful candidate is expected to develop and utilize multiple technologies including microfluidics, Single B-cell Cloning and Next Generation Sequencing to generate, characterize, and deliver sequence diversified and high-quality antibody lead candidates. The candidate will collaborate closely with project leads to understand the target biology and therapeutic molecule progress in the research and development portfolio.
- Optimize the existing single B cell, microfluidics and NGS platforms towards a high performing, robust antibody lead delivery with seamless connection to downstream groups.
- Advance automation to increase efficiency and match future demand
- Co-lead new biotherapeutics projects in close collaboration with a project lead - from conception to therapeutic candidate nomination
- Drive the science and contribute to the vision in and technology development of single cell cloning and gene capture
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or immunology with 2-4 years of industry experience or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in all critical molecular biology techniques (RT-PCR, cloning, sequence analysis and mammalian transient transfection) with focus on high throughput, high sensitivity gene rescue from single cells or tissues
- Antibody cloning and NGS experience highly desirable
- Experience with microfluidics B cell cloning systems such as Berkeley Lights – Beacon is a plus
- Experience cell biology FACS target-centric cell sorting or selection experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze NGS and combine with other datasets to inform hit selection is helpful
- In-depth knowledge of B/T cell biology and humoral and cell mediated immune responses is helpful
- Experience with animal handling and manipulation of lymphoid tissues will be helpful
- Highly innovative and self-motivated
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact HR@xencor.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement. Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.