AR&D Scientist - ALL LEVELS
Founded in 2000, Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is the 3rd largest specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States. With our intense focus on the application of physical chemistry in biological systems, coupled with the requirements of manufacturing and market demands, we have grown our employee base over 250% in the past three years. Specifically, we are engaged in research, development, and manufacturing of both OTC and Rx branded products and specialty generic products. Our mission is to understand the science driving the delivery of drugs into the human body; develop and bring to market products that add value to our customers and patients and provide a benefit to our company, employees and society at large.
To support expectations of continued growth Tris is expanding the Laboratories at our Monmouth Junction, NJ facility and have openings for all levels of Analytical Research and Development (AR&D) Scientists.
AR&D Scientist carry out laboratory work to support AR&D activities and performs special projects as assigned. She/he also carries out laboratory work to support product development and method development. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, SOPs, and state, federal and local laws
• Operates general analytical instruments during raw material, IP and FP testing such as High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC,), Ultra Violet visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis), automatic titration, Infra Red Spectroscopy (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and dissolution apparatus
• Performs wet chemistry tests such as Limit of Detection (LOD), pH, and titration and other tests according to the analytical methods, United States Pharmacopeia (USP) procedures in a regulated laboratory environment; Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods and performs all necessary calculations associated with the test analyses
• Labels, transcribes and records documentation such as report sheets and laboratory notebooks as required by SOPs
• Cleans, maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment to ensure compliance with current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
• Assists with investigations and method development, as needed
• Carries out quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of product development
• Analyzes and interprets test results
• Identifies and troubleshoots problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations
Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific field AND MINIMUM 1 year experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. Job title and level determination will be based on education and years of experience.
• Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation (UV, IR, HPLC, GC and/or dissolution instruments) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting REQUIRRED
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office REQUIRRED
• Proficiency with Empower REQUIRED
• MS degree PREFERRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.