Head of IT Commercial
Head of IT Commercial
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Head of IT Commercial
Specific Responsibilities & Skills
The Head of IT Commercial will report directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and be responsible for overseeing functions including:
- Business Partnership: Serve as IT counterpart to Chief Commercial Officer Organization and support their organization's work to accelerate patient access to Gilead medications. Understand the value drivers of the business and ensure IT solutions enable profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share
- Strategy: Set the objectives, priorities and goals of the organization and ensure KPI attainment is achieved; Implement marketing automation, evolve operations, optimize field enablement and build engagement analytics
- Management: Oversee Commercial IT group including employees and contractors and improve customer and patient experience, improve speed to market, reduce cost per asset and campaign and help optimize agency spend across Marketing
- Improve Speed to Value: Continue work to invest in cloud-first business architecture, ensuring scalability to meet unanticipated business demand and continuously invest in innovation to incubate new opportunities for differentiated growth
- Data & Analytics: Develop cross-channel customer insights, execute customer profile mastering and authentication, leverage AI/ML to develop advanced insights across channels and utilize data inputs to recommend the best action
- Execute on current strategy: Build a scalable, agile foundation and mindset of capabilities, differentiated through intelligence and information, ensure an optimal omni-channel customer experience, pursue long-term transformation while gaining incremental short-term value and work towards filed and medical customer engagement optimization leveraging inputs
- Field Force Enablement: Lead the team to act on customer insights and behavioral preferences, enable non-personal channel engagement for reps, leverage customer insights for personalized engagement and drive next best action with customers
- Value & Access: Continue work to roll out Global Pricing governance model, initiate implementation of Pricing technology roadmap and execute Global change management plan
Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Collaborate with business partners to identify future business needs and prioritize resources/effort on evolving capabilities from research to release
- Build Data and Analytics Foundation and implement Commercial Capability Quick Wins and foundation for better customer insights
- Enhance business value through collaborative identification of business needs
- Serve as primary point of engagement with Business Partners on requirements definitions. Participate on business strategy and capabilities as intake for PMO & Technology Roadmap
- Develop Business Cases for Ideation and Project Prioritization. Ensure Business Value/Outcomes are realized and prioritize business needs
- Ensure governance and executive sponsorship across business units
- Ensure necessary business processes are documented and business ownership is available for projects and ongoing compliance activities
- Establish Business Domain Architecture and partner with business to establish Analytics Strategy and collaborate with Development of Business Solutions
- Leverage key strategic commercial platforms as the foundation for delivering global business outcomes
- Optimize organizational focus on core capabilities and leverage partners to provide high value services
- Embed and measure user experience and value realization in every stage of investment decisions
- Create insight based high quality customer experience
- Provide robust content and easy to use, personalized engagement
- Enable advanced digital channel capabilities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years in IT and business/industry
- A minimum of 5-7 years of leadership responsibilities
- Expert experience in relevant platforms (Salesforce, SiteCore, Azure, Teradata, Veeva CRM/ProMats, ACTO for Learning & Development, CVent, and IQuiva)
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency