Process Development Research Scientist
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Design and implement robust workflows to run complex biological assays using automated liquid handlers, microscopes, robotic workcells and other scientific instrumentation
- Generate and experimentally test hypotheses to evaluate new workflows and methodologies
- Rigorously analyze experimental data to validate new processes and troubleshoot existing systems - present your findings
- Deliver new technologies, and techniques to allow our drug-discovery platform to effortlessly scale to 10x, 100x or even 1000x its already world-class capacity
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the Innovation and Scale-up team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring new assays to our drug-discovery platform. We imagine what “the machine” will look like tomorrow while also delivering new assays today. As an innovation team-member focused on developing robust assays for deployment on our high throughput screening platform, you will work closely with scientists and technologists to integrate industry-leading automation that generates petabytes of high-dimensional data from cells.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel methods and/or technologies to investigate biological questions
- Experience approaching laboratory problems with an engineering mindset using statistical process control, and data analysis techniques to guide quality and efficiency
- Experience with data analysis tools and concepts (our typical tools are Python, SQL, and Splunk)
- Experience working with complex laboratory instrumentation and SBS standard microplates highly preferred
- Requires 4+ years of laboratory experience with a Masters or better in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or related field
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.