Senior Product Manager - Machine Learning Biology
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion’s capabilities in large-scale biological data generation. In particular, you will:
- Build machine learning-enabled processes, across in vivo and in vitro biology
- Coordinate development of new scientific and technical capabilities
- Guide strategy for ongoing projects while also identifying future opportunities
The Team You’ll Join
As a member of Recursion’s product management team you will work closely with the VP of Product and help guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The core elements of our team’s mandate is to:
- Make key decisions on what scientific and technical capabilities Recursion builds
- Identify the ideal timing for these efforts, and
- Strike the balance between science, technology and business perspectives
Our group collaborates on interdisciplinary teams of biologists, data scientists, chemists, software and hardware engineers to support Recursion’s mission to radically improve lives.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Hands-on experience with applying machine learning to problems in biology or medicine
- Ph.D plus 5+ years of industry, or equivalent experience, with longer-term exposure to at least one scientific area relevant to Recursion (examples: in vivo animal physiology, toxicology, drug discovery, drug metabolism, pharmacology, proteomics, transcriptomics, stem cells, CRISPR, advanced human in vitro models, medicinal or computational chemistry)
- Understand how to translate between experts in engineering, biology, and data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.