VP, Clinical Development, Neuroscience/Rare Disease
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life. Would you like to help us lead the Revolution?
The Impact You’ll Make
Lead clinical development strategy and execution for a growing portfolio of rare diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system to advance Recursion’s therapeutic discoveries to patients suffering from devastating diseases. You will have the opportunity to execute multiple unique clinical programs to impact diseases without precedent.
- Lead development strategy and refinement of the clinical plans for rare diseases of the nervous system, integrating clinical, pre-clinical, CMC, regulatory and corporate strategy. Provide leadership to clinical project teams.
- Deliver excellence in both strategy and execution of the clinical programs by working closely with internal and external partners in clinical operations, project management, biostatistics, data management, regulatory affairs, nonclinical, CMC, medical writing, and others. Conduct trials using GCP and high ethical standards and ensure compliance to these standards.
- Manage completion of all deliverables required for the success of clinical programs by performing and/or contributing to the following:
- Regulatory document preparation and review (e.g. briefing documents, applications for special designations, PIP, IND and BLA submissions)
- Writing and development of all clinical documentation including, protocols & CRF, clinical study report writing, investigator brochure
- Medical monitoring of clinical trials including ongoing safety monitoring; Regulatory safety reporting (serious AEs and periodic safety updates).
- Clinical trial data review including internal summary presentations as required
- Inspire and build relationships with clinical investigators, thought leaders and patient advocacy groups; Participate in conferences and share our breakthrough science with rare disease patients and the scientific community.
The Team You’ll Join
As the Lead in Clinical Development, Neuroscience/ Rare Disease you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the SVP, Translational Medicine. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities. In your role, you will lead the strategic development of Phase 1, proof-of-concept, and pivotal studies for a portfolio of diverse therapeutic programs in an exciting startup environment. You will need a unique combination of strong fundamentals in clinical development and the ability to be creative in identifying and crafting the right strategy for diseases with very little precedent.
The Experience You’ll Need
- At least 5 years of experience in Clinical Research and/or Drug Development in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology
- Experience in design, execution, and monitoring of clinical trials is required
- Experience in developing investigational therapies for neurological and/or rare disease is desired as is experience with/comfort in translational drug development
- Medical Degree required; MD, PhD ideal
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and delivering on deadlines with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with multiple functions in a team environment
- Strong critical, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.