Senior Manager of Toxicology
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead toxicology activities to support discovery and development programs
- Design and monitor toxicology studies to support program milestones
- Author, review & approve project plans, study protocols, study reports, and regulatory filings
- Develop high quality toxicology plans and content for global regulatory submissions, including INDs, CTAs, IBs, NDAs and MAAs
- Serve as toxicology subject matter expert on cross-functional project teams
The Team You’ll Join
As a member of Recursion’s development team, this role will participate in cross-functional project teams as we discover treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business and clinical development professionals, responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients. You will also use your experience designing and executing toxicology plans and knowledge of global regulatory practices when interacting with global health authorities and presenting to Recursion’s leadership.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD or equivalent degree (such as DVM) with 5-7 years of relevant industry experience as a study director/monitor in toxicology
- Working knowledge of GLP regulations, ICH, and other regulatory guidance documents
- Experience specifically supporting drug discovery through clinical development from a toxicology standpoint
- Experience designing, conducting, monitoring, and interpreting nonclinical toxicology/research studies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills and ability to perform as an effective, flexible, and self-assured team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace and dynamic environment
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.