Director of Medical Writing and Scientific Communications
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Complete medical writing activities to meet quality standards and timelines to support pipeline product development
- Create timely and efficient clinical and regulatory documents
- Ensure quality and compliance with internal and external standards
- Lead organize, manage and deliver clinical modules for regulatory submissions including clinical protocols, clinical study reports, components of INDs and other technical documents
- Develop, design and format documents and presentations
The Team You’ll Join
As a Medical Writer, you will report to the Senior Director of Clinical Operations and lead medical writing activities for Recursion. You will be accountable for the integration of scientific contributions into clinical and regulatory documentation in support of the clinical development pipeline. You will be joining a dynamic team of four and looking to grow considerably in 2021. You will manage a group of consultant medical writers, interact with clinical, non-clinical, CMC and regulatory colleagues, and contribute to the growth of the organization.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5-7 years experience as a medical or technical writer with specific experience drafting regulatory submissions (protocols, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, etc.)
- Scientific degree; PhD in Biomedical Sciences preferable
- Understanding of relationship management across diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in rare disease drug development and an understanding of unique considerations for small patient populations
- The ability to independently analyze and synthesize data from a broad range of disciplines with specific experience in reviewing and interpreting clinical data
- Manage contractors/consultants/contract research organizations (CROs) for medical writing activities
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.