CMC Drug Substance Director
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build and lead a drug substance department
- Provide technical and managerial leadership, project management and oversight of drug substance process development and manufacturing activities supporting Recursion’s clinical programs
- Ensure delivery of drug substance manufacturing campaigns adhering to current quality guidelines
- Critically analyze process and analytical data to identify and resolve key synthetic challenges during drug substance development
- Participate in budget planning and forecasting for drug substance expenditures and ensure budget, schedules, and performance requirements are met
The Team You’ll Join
As CMC Drug Substance Director you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the senior director of CMC. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or closely related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of & experiences in small molecule drug substance process development and manufacturing best practices across all phases of drug development, from initial regulatory filings through registration, validation and launch
- Demonstration of cross-functional understanding related to drug substance development including salt/polymorph screening, phase appropriate analytical development, standard process of drug product development, quality and regulatory affairs
- Well-versed with the latest trends in drug substance technologies and the outsourcing industry
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in the areas of drug product development (authoring of CTD sections) with prior NDA/MAA preferred.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.