Manager, Portfolio Analytics & Strategy
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Drive the assessment of biological, commercial and strategic opportunities by leveraging first principles. Factor in the unique & differentiated capabilities of the Recursion AI-enabled drug discovery platform in all assessments.
- Contextualize and interpret value from commercial and strategic assessments.
- Build and maintain financial models for Recursion’s large and growing pipeline of novel therapeutics across a diverse set of therapeutic areas, from rare disease to oncology to neurology
- Craft critical assumptions for financial projections by interacting with diverse teams across the company, including Development, Disease Biology, Business Development and Finance, and external key opinion leaders.
- Contextualize and interpret value from commercial and strategic
- Enable fuller pipeline program prioritization based on the quality of science, commercial opportunity, societal impact, and regulatory friction
- Monitor company-level performance statistics
- Translate latent value into tangible value
- Turn holistic monitoring of Recursion’s demonstrably, performance, and business opportunities into actionable strategies for improvement and growth
The Team You’ll Join
You will be an essential member of the Portfolio Analytics and Strategy reporting to the CFO. The members of the Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Group (PASG) have diverse backgrounds in finance, technology, science, investing and consulting. The team interacts regularly with C-suite executives and across a varied set of colleagues across the organization, including Clinical Development, Business Development, Disease Biology, Finance and more. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the direction of Recursion’s therapeutic pipeline and lead novel strategic endeavors with exposure across all levels of the company and potentially externally.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years of public equity biotechnology company valuation experience, private equity biotechnology company experience is a plus
- PhD or MD is preferred
- Experience building financial models across multiple disease domains. Models must be efficiently built and maintained with high fidelity. Experience with estimating population sizes, peak sales, and total addressable markets as well as comparable analysis, forward sales, DCF / NPV, and novel valuation methodologies such as Monte Carlo approaches are essential.
- Preference for individuals with equity research analyst experience within an investment bank who covered a number of public biotechnology companies simultaneously, built financial models, and published equity research
- Ability to understand, model, and maintain commercial opportunities across a range of disease domains as well as partnership, licensing, and capitalization structures in order to best support Recursion’s large and diverse portfolio
- Understanding and command of statistical methods in Excel is important, some coding experience in a scripting language like R or Python is a plus
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.