Scientist, Advanced Cellular Models
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build complex cellular assays at scale to model diseases and identify potential cures.
- Independently steer cellular model innovation and test new technologies.
- Guide new biology innovation from pilot stage to high throughput screening.
- Help patients suffering from debilitating or life threatening diseases that have no other options.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the Innovation Biology group focused on building advanced cellular models for discovering, developing, and validating treatments for rare and common diseases.
- You will be Supported to do your best work by a core group of Innovation Biology scientists.
- You will Develop and Implement co-culture models, spheroid and organoid systems, and advanced 2D cell culture techniques.
- You will Collaborate with tissue culture scientists, data scientists, engineers, and machine learning scientists.
- You will Learn how drug development of the future is being done now at Recursion.
In joining the Innovation Biology group you will have the chance to impact the development of the now in parallel with the chance to identify the future of scientific capabilities at Recursion.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Hands-on experience with advanced tissue culture models including any/all of the following: co-culture systems, spheroid and/or organoid models, iPSC-derived disease models, and cellular screening assays. Experience with hepatic cellular models is a plus.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or relevant area of scientific research with 3+ years of industry experience or an MS with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Industry experience in Pharma or R&D science running advanced cellular assays in a drug discovery setting (or highly similar academic experience).
- Clear record of skills in writing, communication, and formulation of scientific arguments.
- Growth mindset with the ability to teach and learn in a highly cross functional matrix organization.
- Bring in new technology and drive projects to value inflection points.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.