Research Associate, In Vivo
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Opportunity to boldly help our team redefine preclinical drug discovery and radically improve people’s lives!
- Directly contribute to our project progressions by leading and performing testing of NCEs and repurposed compounds in pharmacokinetic, oncology, and other study models.
- Help build our team and be a part of creating the foundation necessary for expanding our capabilities through teamwork, and balancing of tasks.
- Learn new techniques and ideas and mentor others.
- Do meaningful research and work in a matrix-like environment where your ideas and thoughts matter, are necessary, and expected.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a truly cross-functional team in an environment that requires collaboration and communication across multiple departments. Communication is especially important to the success of our team as much of our reporting is done electronically. We value independent thought and self-reflection with the goal of incremental self and team improvement. If you have ideas or suggestions for improvement, we want to hear your voice.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 1+ year of having actively participated in the directional planning, design and execution of in vivo studies in collaboration with investigators.
- Proficient in the following in vivo procedures: Dosing administration (IV, IP, SC, PO), body weight measurements, clinical observations, necropsy, blood collection through various routes (tail, submandibular, submental, etc.), and tumor measurements.
- Experience in preparation and collection of detailed experimental and animal health records using data collection software.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and via electronic software applications in a matrix environment. Additionally, it is necessary to give presentations describing procedures and/or experimental results.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.