Principal Scientist, Fibrosis
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our approach is changing the game and pioneering a new future in our industry. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Would you like to help us lead the Revolution?
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover - Design and conduct essential studies required to identify and advance novel candidates that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and develop new standards of care in areas of high medical need.
- Influence - Perform a leading role in the strategic development of Recursion’s fibrosis program by conceiving novel assays and model systems. Be an expert and apply your knowledge of fibrotic pathways and biology to Recursion’s agnostic drug-discovery engine.
- Collaborate - With chemists, biologists and data scientists through leading teams to contribute to the identification of high-quality development candidates.
- Communicate - Independently prepare impactful presentations to the senior leadership team to allow decision-making on programs.
- Achieve - Understand the critical path and provide high-quality results.
The Team You’ll Join
As a Principal Scientist you will be an essential member of the Discovery Biology team whose focus is on applying quantitative biology approaches to enable prioritization of compound hits for further research and development. You will use your domain expertise in fibrosis, to contribute to and influence platform screens and downstream validation assays. You will report to a director of biology and be trusted to identify the most efficient way to make go/no-go decisions for relevant molecules and programs. You will need to be adaptable, self-initiating and collaborative in order to be able to produce high-quality results in a fast paced environment across multiple disease programs simultaneously.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Life Sciences with extensive experience in fibrotic indications and relevant biology. Immunology experience a significant plus.
- 8+ years of drug discovery experience, including an understanding of translational biology (pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics/in vivo studies)
- Familiarity with automation and proficiency in Microsoft Suite, GraphPad Prism, and Spotfire required
- Track record of leading drug discovery programs, preferably related to fibrosis
- Ability to articulate scientific data and strategic messages to all partners and team members
- Proven track record of outstanding past projects, publications and/or patents
- Experience in mentoring the career development and, providing scientific guidance to junior associates and scientists
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.