Associate Medical Science Liaison - Skincare
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Strategically and tactically develop and execute the Global Scientific Communication Strategy for Skincare in alignment with Asset Strategy and corporate goals across all product areas. This includes coordination of pre-clinical and clinical trial results with publications plans, thought leader strategic development and planning, skincare differentiation strategies, input into study requirements for data in support of Scientific Communication plans and objectives. Leads the scientific publications strategy, thought leader development and medical education of external customers in support of consistent and leveraged scientific data, scientific data communications and competitive strategies globally. Develops strong scientific knowledge of competitive landscape and current and future product entries. Influences support and use of SkinMedica products through KOL advocacy development and implementation of peer influence programs. Responsible for collaboration across internal stakeholders to include: research and development, commercial, clinical, medical education, sales training, consumer education and compliance to ensure plans effectively support cross-functional needs and goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically and tactically develop and execute the Global Scientific Communication Strategy for Skincare in alignment with Asset Strategy and corporate goals and objectives across all product areas. This includes development of global publications plans, global thought leader development and peer to peer education programs, skincare differentiation strategies, input into study requirements for data support of Global Scientific Strategic Communications plans and objectives
- Leads and develops skin care differentiation strategy through the creation of scientific communication channels (abstracts, posters, podium presentations, manuscripts) that effectively positions and pre-positions current and future competition. Develops strong scientific knowledge based on scientific literature and new developments in the industry. Responsible for through knowledge of competitive landscape and current and future product entries.
- Develops KOL lifecycle planning from early compound development (investigator trials) through commercialization, which includes expertise in strategic and tactical design and execution of initiatives for education and scientific communications. Advisory and investigator boards development to ensure key insights are obtained for ongoing scientific advancements and future developments.
- Responsible for collaboration across internal stakeholders to include, research and development, commercial, clinical, medical education, sales training, consumer education and compliance to ensure plans effectively support cross-functional needs and goals.
- Required: PhD in any Biological Science with knowledge of Skin Biology or Masters in Scientific Discipline with 4+ experience in Skin Biology research
- Knowledge of marketing theory, principles, and practices within the health care industry preferred.
- Managerial skills – ability to lead, motivate, develop, and influence others.
- Strong analytical skills and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually.
- Ability to develop and execute key strategies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a matrixed organization.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to develop relationships with physicians and other Healthcare Professionals.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to travel – up to 70%
- Position based in Irvine.
- No company car provided.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.