Commercial Insights Senior Associate (V&A Analytics)
Commercial Insights Senior Associate, Value & Access Analytics
The Commercial Insights Senior Associate is responsible for providing varied commercial analytics to provide insights impacting payer reimbursement strategies through secondary data analytics and data integration and for brand team planning cycles (forecasts, quarterly business reviews, brand plans) and strategy ad hoc marketing analytics for retail brands (Aimovig and Repatha). The Commercial Insights Senior Associate will work under the guidance of a senior member of the Commercial Insights Team to deliver for the assigned assets, as well as with the director on cross brand initiatives. Guided by a senior member of the team, the individual in this role will deliver analysis using claims data, prescription data, electronic medical records data, and other internal/external data sources.
This position reports to a Senior Manager of Value & Access Analytics for Retail within Value & Access- Analytics and Insights team
- Produce and deliver regular performance dashboards based on complex data sources, including claims data, prescriber or account-level demand data, electronic medical records, etc.
- Understand pharmaceutical ecosystem and data sets including medial and pharmacy claims (ex. IQVIA LAAD, Symphony Claims), prescription (ex. IQVIA NPA), outlet (ex. IQVIA DDD)
- Partner with account C&P Leadership, marketing, data science and pricing/contracting teams to build and prioritize analytics and insights plan in support access strategy
- Prepare, continuously refine and present periodic reports tracking product and portfolio performance against business objectives.
- Partner with members of the other analytical functions - CD&A - Insights and forecasting vertical to provide detailed historical analysis to support the preparation of quarterly forecasts and long-range scenarios
- Managing relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
- Work with data management team to ensure to enable and maintain data integration to facilitate specific analytic needs; be able to use relevant tools to generate analytic datasets I.e using SAS/SQL/Spotfire to build analytical datasets.
- Build excel based tools to visualize data and drive insights-driven decision-making
- Provide ad hoc analysis in response to business questions
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant analytics experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of relevant analytics experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevant analytics experience
- Basic knowledge of marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets and automated data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience in database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skills-understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.