Senior Director, Supply Chain Management
Manager: VP, Supply Chain Management and Business Operations
Department: Supply Chain Management
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Senior Director, Supply Chain Management is accountable for all aspects of Sangamo’s European Supply Chain Operations and will be a critical contributor to designing and supporting developing Asia-Pacific operations. Responsibilities include seamless execution of supply planning, inventory management, clinical order fulfillment, GMP logistics, and management of shipping, storage, packaging, labeling, and distribution CMOs across Europe. Daily relationship management of high-value GMP suppliers may also be needed. This role will be a critical contributor to the global supply chain team, helping to shape enterprise SC strategy and align EU and AP practices with global processes. The Sr. Dir. SCM will be responsible for identifying and managing in-market SCM resources and influencing other departments critical to effective SCM operations. This role will partner with global SMEs as appropriate to seamlessly execute on clinical studies across a range of global CGT programs led from both Europe and the US and will require extensive interactions with international Program and CMC Project Management, Clinical Operations, Manufacturing, and Quality teams. As a member of the Tech Ops Senior Staff, the Sr. Dir. SCM will take on positions of leadership that require representing either SCM or Tech Ops in broader strategy and decision-making forums.
- Accountable Head of Supply Chain Management in Europe
- Develop, implement, and manage the global clinical supply planning and scheduling process, coordinating with colleagues in the US
- Work with Manufacturing and Clinical Operations leadership to develop and manage forecasting and scheduling activities (S&OP) that are robust, efficient, and cost effective, supporting a range of autologous, allogenic, and gene therapy programs
- Develop supply options, facilitate decision-making, and communicate updated manufacturing and supply plans to all impacted stakeholders.
- Support clinical, CMC manufacturing, and finance with short, medium, and long-term supply planning “what if” scenario analysis to enable supply chain decision-making
- Design, implement, and execute the packaging and labelling processes to ensure sustained supply, quality, and compliance of final product globally
- Coordinate with GMP Procurement and Logistics leads to implement vendor management, 3PL, and inventory management policies for all GMP materials in support of manufacturing and clinical plans
- Develop and report on KPIs for the execution of Supply Chain Management operations
- Collaborate with IT, Finance, Manufacturing, Clinical Operations and other business partners to develop and implement new Supply Chain Management solutions according to the Tech Ops IT Roadmap
- Contribute to and manage relevant Supply Chain Management information included within regulatory submissions across multiple countries (e.g. CTA, IND, BLA, MAA).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business/Operations Management, Logistics, or Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent life science field, ideally with a secondary degree or certification related to Supply Chain Management. MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in biopharmaceutical commercial and/or clinical management with strong familiarity with FDA, ISO, EMA, GMP, and ICH requirements
- 3+ years managing SCM operations for CGT programs; experience with autologous CT is highly desired
- Breadth of SCM experience, including supply planning, GMP procurement, and logistics
- Proven experience with process mapping and systems deployment projects relevant to SCM (e.g. ERP/ MRP, IRT, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in project management and Supplier Management, especially Contract Manufacturing/External Supply Management
- Proven ability to effectively develop, communicate, and gain support for execution of plans with a wide range of international stakeholders
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing in a matrixed organization
- Familiarity with lean, six sigma, or similar optimization methodologies; certification a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Strong focus on patients and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that will require management of several competing priorities while driving all projects forward and meeting program/project deliverables
- Expert in MS Office Suite and cloud collaboration tools
- Working knowledge of finance and budgeting
- Ability to manage a high functioning/performing team of both direct and indirect reports
- This position is based in the UK and proficiency in English is essential and French is strongly preferred.
- Requires ~20% travel, primarily within Europe
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.