Sr. Cost Accounting Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Senior Cost Accountant
FLSA: Non Exempt
The Senior Cost Accountant will direct activities within the cost organization, including month-end closing processes, product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation. Work will involve defining and maintaining cost accounting systems, training employees with GL account responsibilities, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements. Internal and external customers are many and varied. Judgment and initiative are frequently exercised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Review, document, update and maintain new and existing cost accounting policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Provide oversight, supervision and coaching to the cost accountant.
- Prepare and/or review various financial analyses related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information, including but not limited to gross margin and variance analyses.
- Primary review responsibility of warranty liability estimates.
- Work closely with manufacturing operations to ensure accurate and timely update of standard costs for all out-sourced and in-house manufactured components and products.
- Lead and manage the annual physical inventory count processes, including liaison with external auditors. Ensure compliance with cycle count processes.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual financial audits, including compiling and preparing cost data for support of schedules and questions.
- Support compliance relating to internal financial controls and procedures for cost accounting and manufacturing operations, including developing and/or updating procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
- Review monthly inventory account reconciliations, cost of goods schedules and analyses.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP and related add-ons and participate in software improvement and implementation projects.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with the cost accounting function, including but not limited to manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Work with the Manager, Cost Accounting and manufacturing operations to develop, enhance and review internal reporting, including analytics, ratios and other analysis.
- Assist in special projects and provide on-going support to the Finance & Accounting department.
Performs responsibilities required by the Quality System and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 8 plus year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience preferred?
- Undergraduate, 4 year degree required; CMA and/or Masters degree in business is preferred.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions (SAP Business 1 preferred)
- Knowledge of SAB 104 “Revenue Recognition in Financial Statements” and associated deferred revenue concepts is preferable.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company
- Efficient, high productivity contributor, professional attitude, detail oriented and team player
- Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work, month end close etc.
- Experience working in a medical devices manufacturing / high-tech environment
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused.
- Must be self-motivated and pro active, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
- Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
- Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
- Zeltiq is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.