Associate Director, Marketing Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Assoc. Director, Marketing Analytics (Grade 20)
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
To provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic factors
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes – through the application of predictive models that evaluate sales contribution due to promotion
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
The Marketing Analytics Associate Director will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research with Brand and Franchise leadership, within MABI teams and across franchises to improve understanding of market and brand performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Responsible for managing analytics across multiple brands and indications. Possess strong understanding of analytical methodologies and strong ability to synthesize insights into compelling narratives
- In collaboration with MABI partners and consulting with marketing leadership, develop and deliver compelling learnings through national, sub-national and patient level analytics that guide strategic and tactical decisions.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategy to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution. Complete timely evaluation of program impact and response.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to market and brand performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information relevant for the issue.
- Increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods in service of addressing critical business issues.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance.
- Oversee and coach a team (size varies) on application of research and analytical techniques relevant to strategy development and issue investigation.
- Prioritize the work of the team to adequately support key initiatives within project timelines and within budget.
Guides and performs franchise and/or cross-franchise analytics; influences practices and business results through the application of Marketing Analytics. Directs team and vendors in the delivery of key analyses and data products (SHA/WKH, IMS, Nielsen, etc.)
Team size varies based on product indications, customer channels and/or data sources
Bachelor’s Degree required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis. Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
Master’s Degree preferred.
This position requires 5-10 years of experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. It also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with Sr. Manager level in the following competencies: anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations and coach for greater team effectiveness.
Must have command of the following software programs (Powerpoint, Excel, Access).
Experience with multivariate statistics, analytical software (SPSS Modeler, Dataiku, etc…) and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, SHA, Truven, Optum, SSR, Analy$ource, CMS, HIRC, HSG, etc..) preferred
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills.
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
- Strong focus on teamwork, relationship-building and influencing others; acting courageously and constructively, with agility and a high degree of accountability.
Accountability / Scope:
Reports to Director, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights
Builds relationships and interacts with direct staff/team, internal peers, GMs/VPs, Marketing Directors and Managers, Sales Directors & Regional Managers, Forecasting, Finance, HEOR, OEC, Legal, and vendors
Focus (Scope): 50% Strategic/50% Tactical
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.