U.S. Key Account Manager (Los Angeles)
Ciao! At Dompé, our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Key Account Manager reports to the Regional Manager and will be a member of a specialty field team supporting Dompé’s first ophthalmic biologic product based on rhNGF (recombinant humanized nerve growth factor) for patients suffering from neurotrophic keratitis.
The Key Account Manager is accountable for field activities including education of healthcare professionals (cornea specialists and comprehensive ophthalmologists), as well as medical and office support staff including nurses, technicians, and practice administrators. Successful KAMs will maintain a high level of disease and product expertise to maximize patient compliance with therapy. The KAM will support physicians and patients in their local area by developing center and physician-specific plans, strategically deploying messages and resources, and understanding the local payer dynamics that influence patient access.
The Key Account Manager will be accountable for abiding by the core values of our Dompé culture, which are: Integrity, Speed, Knowledge, Passion, Attention to Detail, Reliability, Flexibility and Teamwork. Individuals must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, and adaptable to new situations.
BUILDING INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Brand and Field Marketing
- Managed Care / Patient Access
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Legal and Compliance
BUILDING EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Healthcare Professionals
- Professional Societies
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: MAIN RESPONSIBILITES OF A KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
- Achieves business goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Become an expert in the science of corneal healing and in our clinical trial data, and be able to verbalize its significance to others
- Serve as a resource to physicians and their patients in order to enable access to our medicines
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners including but not limited to patient access managers, managed care, medical science liaisons, marketing, human resources, legal and compliance
- Create and implement an effective business plan to guide strategy and track progress throughout the year
- Analyze the market to understand the local healthcare environment (reimbursement, coverage, healthcare delivery models, transitions in care and patient pathways) and use this knowledge to identify opportunities and address patient access barriers
- Set and achieve short and long-term business objectives
- Leverage internal data and tools, analytics and to determine where and how approved resources and marketing messages should be deployed within territory
- Manage budget effectively
- Create, build and maintain relationships with cornea thought leaders in local area in partnership with key internal Dompé team members
- Actively participate in business planning meetings and professional society meetings as assigned
- Demonstrate leadership within internal teams, sharing best practices and market dynamics with peers when appropriate; influence without authority
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Dompé activities
- Manage a large geography with diverse customer base
YOU COULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced educational degree or experience in the Healthcare field preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare sales or account management experience, including being accountable for own territory and large geography
- 3+ years of experience in biotech/specialty sales
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: TECHNICAL
- Experience in “start-up” environments
- Prior work with rare or orphan disease products
- Ophthalmology experience and relationships in anterior segment therapeutic area, in both private clinic and hospital/academic setting
- Experience in new product launches
- Exceptional clinical acumen with the proven ability to excel in a scientifically complex and stimulating environment
- Proven track record of exceeding business goals
- Keeps current and develops deeper and broader experience in own functional area
- Self-motivated and assertive with the ability to act with urgency
- Understands strategic priorities developed by leadership team
- Is open to and actively solicits feedback on performance and skill development needs
- Demonstrates appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among peers
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: PERSONAL
- Technical Expertise & Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Developing Self and Others
TERRITORY AND TRAVEL:
- Due to a field expansion we are currently hiring KAMs for the following U.S. cities: Los Angeles
- Overnight travel by plane and by car is required and will range from 40%-60% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.