Research Associate/Sr Research Associate – Discovery
We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join our collaborative discovery team to support small-molecule hit discovery using BlueLight Therapeutics’s proprietary technology for measuring protein structural changes. As a part of the team, they will play a central role in protein expression and purification, developing biochemical and biophysical assays and executing small-molecule screens for therapeutic targets. To join the dynamic, fast-paced, and venture-funded biotech team, the successful candidate will have a strong background in biochemistry or biophysics. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- Express, purify and label proteins to support assays that monitor structural changes in protein conformations
- In collaboration with the team, the S/RA will design, develop and optimize plate-based biochemical and biophysical assays
- Support and enable small molecule screening using BlueLight’s proprietary technology
- Work closely with other team members to progress both internal and external programs according to company goals and timelines
- Communicate findings to the team including scientific presentations to the whole company
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or a related discipline is required. 5+ years industry experience required for Sr RA role (level and compensation commensurate with experience)
- Experience with recombinant protein expression and purification from E. coli is required
- Prior experience in developing and running biochemical or biophysical plate-based assays (e.g., fluorescence or bioluminescence assays) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present key data, issues and accomplishments to other members of the team
- Good fit with BlueLight’s culture and values of highly collaborative, team-oriented work
- Full time employee at BlueLight Therapeutics, Inc.
- Located in Mountain View, CA
- Please submit resume or CVs