Dir, Allergan Practice Consultants (APC)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The APC Executive Director leads Allergan’s area field based competitive defense efforts to ensure maintenance of market share and sales growth of Facial Aesthetics, Coolsculpting, Aesthetic Surgery, and SKM products for their FDA approved uses in key targeted accounts. The APC Executive Director is responsible for meeting or exceeding the corporate goals for sales revenue and profit for US Medical Aesthetics and Coolsculpting through support of the respective selling teams in their implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, onboarding of new APCs, as well as the development and implementation of all APC specialized training materials and training classes; including training calendars, agendas, relevant content and facilitation of the teaching of each class.
- Oversees the creation, development, review and updating of all Practice Enhancement Programs, Staff Training Presentations and Allergan Access Practice Management Tools, and approval through Veeva Vault, as well as Resources deployed in targeted accounts.
- Develops, communicates, and implements the sales execution of the Allergan First program, clearly defining execution practices, desired outcome/goals, performance expectations and sales measurement matrix. In addition, deploys APC in key account management role. He/she ensures collaboration and communication across Allergan Medical Aesthetics and CoolSculpting, including Facial Area Directors/RMs, CS Directors/PDMs/ASMs, Aesthetic Surgery Director/RMs, Professional Relations Executive Director/Directors, Facial RMs and National Account Executive Director/Directors.
- Ensures Direct Report’s development of APC Targeted account action plans, coordinating and overseeing the execution in each and ensuring collaboration and communication across Allergan Medical Aesthetics (Facial, Plastics, Skin Medica) and Coolsculpting (supervises key account manager role).
- Coordinates activities with the Professional Relations Team to ensure appropriate APC resources are deployed against their targeted customer list. The Area APC Director oversees activity of their direct reports to maximize practice management support and collaboration with these customers.
- The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required: MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of consulting experience and sales management or equivalent people leadership experience.
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the aesthetic health care environment, including practice management and marketing.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis and its impact on business decisions.
- Strategy development experience and the ability to execute key strategies.
- Training program development, implementation and execution.
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirement related to the Pharma/Biotech industries.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Positive role model with superior leadership qualities resulting in a positive work culture.
- Ability to effectively lead team to achieve or exceed area sales goals, management objectives, and key account management responsibilities.
- Ability to exercise control over resources, budgets and expenses, and to oversee business operations.
- Demonstrated excellence in core consulting competencies; office operations and systems, financial analysis, Allergan Practice Enhancement Programs, Allergan Practice Consulting resources, and Allergan Practice training curriculum.
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making, and results orientation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work across internal teams, external physicians, and business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional platform skills, both in large and small forums.
- Superior organization and project management skills, including APC training and resource development.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills; ability to resolve issues independently and with others.
- An understanding of product knowledge across Allergan Medical including Facial, Skin Medica, Aesthetic Plastic, and CoolSculpting.
- Field based position with the ability to travel, a minimum of 50%
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.