Director/Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.
The Senior Director/Director, Corporate Communications will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for overseeing the corporate communications function. In this role, the candidate will play a key role in internal, external and brand communications programs to engage employees, analysts, investors, media and community constituents. This is a high visibility role that will have a lot of interaction with the senior leadership team and many groups across the organization including in medical affairs, patient advocacy and finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead internal communications executing all internal communication programs, including intranet, and other employee communication programs
- Interact with the media and investor community and be one of the main voices communicating the company mission, vision, and values
- Execute and manage both traditional media and digital media programs that communicate the company’s strategic imperatives and thought leadership.
- Develop in collaboration with senior leadership key communication materials including press releases, messaging and Q&A documents to prepare for analyst events, presentations, road shows, earnings releases and other announcements
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop thought leadership opportunities and communication programs for executives/functions.
- Manage a small, motivated team that includes outside agency resources
- Some travel required, including international; potentially 10-20%
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this role successfully, an incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or a related field.
- 10 years previous experience in a communications role or related field. Experience in healthcare, biotech or drug development is preferred.
- A passion for communications and supporting an organization committed to helping patients in need.
- Experience launching, leading and measuring internal and external communication programs
- Experience with media relations, managing outside agencies to optimize productivity, and overseeing corporate web site and intranet
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and related constituents
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex subjects
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Responsiveness, multi-tasking and balancing demands while managing multiple deliverables/deadlines.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven collaborator with a strong ability to work effectively across functions and levels.
- Proactive, self-starter; able to work independently and in team environment.