At Pin Pharmaceuticals, we are developing novel therapeutics using targeted protein degradation approaches in various disease areas including cancer, autoimmune diseases, and infectious diseases. Targeted protein degradation is a groundbreaking therapeutic modality that allows destruction of critical disease-causing proteins that have previously been undruggable.
1. Essential Functions
We are looking for an enthusiastic Scientist to join our team. Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of biologists and medicinal chemists, the Scientist will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to support cutting-edge degrader molecule drug discovery (early discovery to preclinical studies). The primary focus of the Scientist will be to gain deep understanding of target biology, which will be used to design and evaluate assays carried out at CROs. The position will work closely with functional leadership and project team to support pipeline projects in alignment with company strategy and goals. The successful candidate should demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of teams, and thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Literature research to gain deep understanding of target biology and indications
- Design, implement, and evaluate experiments and assays (biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, animal studies, DMPK, toxicology) with external stakeholders, e.g., CROs
- Identify and communicate with partner CROs and collaborators at various global sites
- Contribute to development and management of project goals and timelines
- Assess competitor landscape
- A degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, biophysics or a related field with the following: Ph.D. or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in biochemical assays, cell-based assays, or animal disease models
- Creativity, a high degree of independence, and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with targeted protein degradation
- Experience in oncology, immunology, or infectious diseases
- Experience in biopharma industry. Familiarity/experience with drug development process.
- Proficiency in Korean