Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and coordinate an effective logistics system for product movement to support Avanir’s business objectives.
- Support supplier selection activities via in conjunction with Strategic Sourcing (Procurement) and cross functional department by audit participation, research, references, and other methods as required.
- Lead supply chain continuous improvement activities driven by a system of periodic metrics reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that production planning and scheduling activity optimizes production capacity while meeting delivery dates.
- Ensure that material planning and buying activities balance inventory targets and material requirements to support the master plan.
- Control and maintain inventory of Finished Goods, API, packaging, raw materials, and intermediates as required to support Marketing forecast and product supply objectives.
- Coordinate and communicate month end inventory activities.
- Identify and investigate variances to inventory values; works with Avanir’s Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO’s) and Finance to resolve.
- Comply with, identify, develop, and update policies and procedures (SOPs) as needed relating to Supply Chain activities.
- Develop, update, and provide metrics reporting on inventory levels, on-time deliveries, projected obsolescence, and other metrics as identified.
- Lead projects and project teams as identified by management to achieve departmental and corporate goals.
- Provides Last Distribution Date change authorizations to CSP’s for Finished Good inventory and coordinates associated activities.
- Lead and manage MSA team / contract tracker to ensure MSA's and QTA's (in coordination with QA) are up-to-date, and team is working on correct priorities. Proactively initiate reviews and renewals of contracts as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all supplier contracts.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Issue work orders (WO) and purchase orders (PO) on-time to Avanir’s suppliers per contractual requirements.
- Lead and manage Manufacturing Services Agreement (MSA) team. Maintain contract tracker to ensure MSA's and Quality Technical Agreements (QTAs - in coordination with QA) are up-to-date and team is working on correct priorities. Proactively initiate reviews and renewals of contracts as needed.
- Provide input to and support management of department budget, invoice approval and month accrual process.
- Perform risk analysis on suppliers and provide recommendation on mitigation steps. Lead/support risk mitigation implementation activities.
- Manage state licensing process.
- Support Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) activities to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Complete requirements to act as an Avanir Designate Representative as required by the State of California.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in scientific discipline or business required.
- Minimum of 10 years of supply chain experience within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or similar regulated environment.
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of cGMP supply chain and materials management execution.
- Process improvement and/or six sigma experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain planning, supplier forecasting, supply chain processes, inventory control, logistics and material flow.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically – including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational leadership capabilities including experience with driving continuous improvement through metrics.
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills including experience with developing and integrating collaborative supply chain partnerships.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to take programs from concept to execution and manages all stages.
- Analytical thinking, excellent problem-solving skills, concern for impact and ability to explain complicated issues to all levels within the organization are a must for the position.
- People management experience required, including mentoring and developing others.
- Ability to prepare contingency plans/risk mitigation and future strategies proactively.
- Proficient with all MS Office application skills.
- Requires up to 20% of both domestic or international travel.
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some travels may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.