The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Lyophilizer Engineer will be responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and corrective actions for all lyophilizer equipment in current and future operations at the site. This individual will be responsible for all projects and services related to the lyophilizers including the timely completion of repairs while adhering to standard operating practices. In addition, he/she will be responsible for routine visual and physical inspections.
- Responsible for maintenance and operational procedure for multiple freeze dryers
- Responsible for maintenance and operational procedure for lyophilizer equipment
- Participate in engineering designs, specifications selections, change of parts and implement necessary changes through engineering change control procedures
- Participate in lyophilization process and cycle designs; implement the necessary process change through engineering change control procedures
- Participate in customer and end-user meetings related to lyophilization as the subject matter expert
- Participate in authoring, review and implementation of corrective actions related to lyophilizer mechanical, equipment or process deviations
- Use understanding and knowledge of PLC control engineering to participate in making necessary changes in process and mechanical control
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance in PR and SOP authoring, complete paperwork required for equipment maintenance into the department’s document system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with at least 6 years related experience or
- AA Degree with 10 years related experience or
- High school degree with 15 years’ experience
- Direct related experience with electronic controls and refrigeration system knowledge, including low temperature cascading systems and two stage compressors
- Specific knowledge of vacuum systems, hydraulic system and electrical circuit and control
- Understanding / knowledge of PLC control, preferably Allen Bradley and OM RON.
- Strong analytical math and problem solving skills
- Proficient in reading schematics and diagrams as well as other written materials
- High level of safety awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Experience with -50◦ Celsius refrigeration
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.