Assoc. Scientist - High Dimensional Flow Cytometry Novartis Carlsbad
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world – our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision.
Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
Participate in flow cytometry projects through assay development, validation and execution in a timely manner. Should exhibit moderate to high level of independence while working on multiple projects. Will contribute to launch of new platforms/assays of strategic importance. Candidates must be adaptable, dedicated, resilient and thoughtful.
• Plan & execute flow cytometry laboratory experiments
• Design and execute flow cytometry assay validation studies
• Performs maintenance of multiple flow cytometers, including start up and shut down
• Analysis of flow cytometry data using FlowJo software or any other software as needed
• Assist on the writing and reviewing of technical documents
• Test patient samples as needed
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Collaborates cross functionally with colleagues on various projects as needed
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in cellular biology, immunology or related field with minimum 4 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in cellular biology or immunology, or related field with minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with analytical assay development/validation and/or sample testing in a laboratory setting
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and core competences in flow cytometry
• Good prioritization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent communication skills
• Critical thinker and team player
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of flow cytometry
• Flexible schedule preferred
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.