Patient Data Coordinator – Novartis / Navigate Biopharma / Carlsbad CA
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world – our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
Perform a variety of tasks in the coordination and review of final patient reports following completion of testing in the laboratory project results. Collaborate with pathologists physicians, Project Managers and other departmental staff in the preparation of patient reporting for submission to clinical trial sites and BioPharma sponsors.
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Gather, compile and complete quality review and inspection (proofread) of patient test reports for format, text, and signatures; ensure consistency with and accuracy as it relates to established standards and each project requirements.
• Interface with Project Managers and internal laboratory staff to prioritize patient reporting and issue resolution project deliverables, monitor and document progress, resolve issues and provide timely updates to team members.
• Assist in authoring SOPs, work instructions, internal control documents, and training aids.
What you will bring to the role:
• Associates degree in a science related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience or Bachelors’ degree in a science field (preferably biology, biochemistry or molecular biology and minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting or one (1) year as a Clinical Research Associate.
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of science as it applies in a laboratory setting.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to review and quality check final patient reports for errors. including precise data management skills and the ability to manage large data sets.
• A strong customer and service focus.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.