Principal IS Informatics Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal IS Informatics Analyst
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be dedicated to supporting the Clinical Development and Global Development Operations mission with the Next Generation Trial Execution Initiative (NGTE). NGTE aims to catalyze the adoption of innovation, increase the speed of clinical trial execution to bring our Innovative products to patients sooner by enabling data driven agile decision making. The Principal Analyst will work closely with the Business Product Owner within Global Clinical Development Operations and IS colleagues in the capacity of a technical product manager to build capabilities can enable seamless study execution from startup through conduct and closeout required for accelerating clinical trial programs.
Key responsibilities of the Principal IS Informatics Analyst include:
- Drive the acceleration of digital transformation for Global Development Operations in alignment with business and IS strategy.
- Partner with business product owner to develop business cases including scopes, roadmaps, and business outcomes to establish durable capability for seamless study execution.
- Lead requirements and architecture design in close collaboration with Global Development and IS teams
- Lead cross-functional teams comprising of business users, IS staff, and external expert partners to build seamless study execution capability using latest technologies and leveraging the enterprise city planning platforms, such as the Salesforce, Enterprise Data Fabric, and machine learning platforms.
- Perform cross system analysis, feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize deliverables, and recommend optimal solution. Manage multiple initiatives and priorities
- Communicate with multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- Manage the execution with appropriate portfolio planning, financial, resource, vendor and risk management, leveraging agile approaches for flexible and nimble execution.
- Influence and shape Amgen's future - track and evaluate business and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry.
- Coach and supervise product team technical staff
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 8+ years leading technical / analytics application development projects
- Extensive software, database and / or analytical tool development experience
- Experience with cloud technologies and big data platforms such as Apache Spark/Databricks
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Upbeat, innovative and technically-minded individual
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.