Senior Director Global Market Access IG
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Senior Director of Global Market Access for the Immunology Therapeutic Area (TA) is responsible for the development and execution of Market Access Strategies and tactics across the TA including both pipeline and inline products. Market access is the process to ensure that all appropriate patients who may benefit receive rapid and maintained access to CSL Behring innovations at the right price. The purpose of this position is to develop, lead and manage global evidence and market access strategies for the xxx TA, in collaboration with global and regional Market Access and Pricing colleagues, R&D functions and external stakeholders. This role works closely with regions and country teams to implement access and pricing strategies, to communicate best practices and to support tactics for local execution, as needed. Responsibilities include advancing TA business objectives and providing leadership of clinical, economic and humanistic evidence development in collaboration with R&D, Medical Affairs and external researchers. This leader will work closely with Global Health Policy colleagues to inform and to enhance the patient access environment. This role will also provide leadership to product Evidence and Access Strategy Teams (EAST) and sit on the TA Leadership Team (TALT).
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership to CSL Behring xxx TA business by communicating the current access and value requirements landscape, and by advocating for appropriate investment in evidence and market access programs.
- Influence the development of business strategy, evidence, and go-to-market plans by communicating the clinical, economic and humanistic value expectations of patients, payers, and other key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with functional departments (Policy, R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, etc.) to incorporate a differentiated value proposition that meets payers needs into the product development process from the earliest stages.
- Drive creation of product value dossiers and differentiating evidence to achieve optimal price and support country-level submissions to Health Technology Assessment/Payers/Tender Process, as required, working closely with regional leadership and local market access experts.
- Lead Evidence and Access Strategy Teams and liaise with internal commercial, policy, medical affairs, pricing and regional market access experts to develop well-rounded and cross-functionally integrated market access strategies.
- Serve as the Evidence and Market Access expert representative for the CSL business in both internal and external meetings with government agencies, policy makers, customers and payers, as appropriate.
- Provide consultation, training on global market access resources and technical advice to internal customers across the business and regions, as appropriate.
- Has responsibility for oversight and effective management of all team members (i.e. direct reports) to include but not limited to the following:
- Annual Objective Setting
- Mid-year and end of year reviews; Coaching and counseling as appropriate.
- Employee development. To include ensuring all leaders have development plans in place
- Recruitment, selection and development of talent.
- Managing, directing & measuring work on an ongoing basis.
- Provides timely constructive feedback to ensure quality of work meets or exceeds company standards.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate degree required, with strong preference for health economics or equivalent health services field. MD, PhD or other clinical healthcare specialization desirable.
- 12+ years of relevant experience (health economics and outcomes research/global market access strategy) in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or related field, including at least 8 years of evidence generation experience and 5 or more years people management experience. Rare disease experience highly desirable.
Global Evidence, Market Access and Pricing leadership, strategy development and impactful execution skills demonstrated through the following competencies at the senior level:
- Experience advocating for relevant value and outcomes metrics for patients and other key stakeholders in healthcare;
- Competence in building and executing a comprehensive market access, market development or evidence generation strategy;
- Experience developing and managing a stakeholder engagement and/or evidence dissemination plan;
- Deep knowledge and/or ability to gather relevant insights on reimbursement and payment policy landscape and global healthcare systems;
- Experience executing HEOR studies using a range of standard techniques, including budget impact and cost-effectiveness models;
- A record of peer-reviewed publication of original work in health services/health economics;
- An understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory and clinical trials process;
- An ability to apply health services and statistical solutions to create comparator data and demonstrate differentiated outcomes for novel and/or rare disease products;
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including experience explaining complex processes to a non-technical audience as well as presenting ideas to senior leaders;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a strong professional image and credibility;
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organization and incorporate cross-functional and regional input into strategic plans;
- Effective analytical/problem solving skills, including generation of original and innovative ideas and solutions;
- Effective prioritization, goal-setting and time management skills;
- Oversight experience in both internal and external projects;
- Experience leading functional experts and managing talent;
- Experience leading global projects and exposure to US and non-US perspectives;
- Experience in practical clinical trials and protocol development with an understanding of study designs that produce clinically and economically relevant value information;
- An understanding of the public and private payer environment and the requirements for health economics and value information;
Willingness and flexibility to meet overseas travel requirements (up to 20%).