Warehouse Operator III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Perform all related tasks involved in the following areas including, but not limited to: staging, kitting, picking, receiving, storing, inventory control, distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished goods and maintenance of the warehouse and other storage areas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Responsible for the replenishment of all manufacturing materials and supply shortages.
- Fill all material requests from manufacturing, engineering, R&D, and other departments.
- Unpack, check goods received against purchase orders, invoices, return authorizations, or other related job completion documentation.
- Input purchase order receipts into the computer system and route the material, and paperwork to the correct destinations within the organization.
- Perform a variety of tasks including kitting of parts for manufacturing, stock put away, consolidation of released material for transportation between facilities.
- Label parts as needed during receiving, put away, picking/kitting process.
- Utilize warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks and delivery carts.
- Participate in year-end physical inventory and daily cycle counts.
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to and from various company warehouses, coordinate inventory transfers with related internal departments.
- Break down boxes and remove pallets and/or packaging waste from stocking, receiving and picking/kitting activities.
- Count, sort, and put materials in bins, boxes, or on pallets for storage
- Accurately transact material requests and inventory transfers on the computer.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing to resolve discrepancies that arise during the receiving, or parts kitting process.
- Monitor inventory levels of all warehouse supplies and work with purchasing to replenish these supplies.
- Review emails for various parts and material requests and related instructions.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or department manager
- Minimum 2 years material handling related experience in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of basic warehousing, inventory control procedures and related systems required.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience in an FDA regulated medical device company desired.
- SAP experience a plus.
- High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalence Certificate required.
- Certified Forklift preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to operate a vehicle in order to support the operational needs of the department
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ALLERGAN complies.
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the supervisor. This may include nights, weekends, and additional times critical to our business needs
The employee is regularly required to lift and carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to bend, turn, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; manipulate keys on a keyboard for data entry on a daily basis and talk or hear up to 10 hours per day.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, and withstand long periods of time on the warehouse floor, and tolerates elevated temperatures, including outdoors, dust, and noise levels occasionally.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.