Associate Director, Sales Training (Remote)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Sales Training, works closely with the Associate Director Sales Training, Sales Leadership and Marketing Leadership to design, manage and facilitate sales training for the Body Contouring field sales organization including all phases of courses and content in the Body Contouring Sales Training Continuum. This role is the primary liaison and partner with marketing on key product initiative training, training content updates and workshops delivered at sales meetings.
- Design, develop and deliver effective training programs that stay within budget and impact top line sales.
- Deveops relationship with field sales, Region Practice Managers, and Region Sales Directors to provide sales training and sales leadereship with a clear understanding of training needs for the Allergan Aesthetics business
- Works witth Sales Training, Sales Leadership, and Marketing partners to ensure training content is up to date and MLRC approved for training needs. Collaboratively works with all key stakeholds in the Medical/Legal/Regulatory/Compliance process to ensure all relevant materials are approved.
- Manages expenses for projects, contracts with external consultants and vendors, and ensures all within budgetary guidelines.
- In collaboration with Associate Director Body Contouring Training, Sales Leadership and Marketing Leadership develops key training materials including but not limited to Training Presentations, Workshops, Learning Management System (LMS) Modules, Agendas and Knowledge checks.
- Primary owner and facilitator for multiple live training courses in the Body Contouring Sales Training Continuum, including New Hire Sales Training and New Hire 2.0, to best meet the needs of the organization
- Primary owner of New Hire Sales Training and New Hire 2.0 Training materials. Creates and develops content to be assigned upon hire, onboarding materials, and training materials slides/handouts/presentations/videos to be utilized in all courses within the Body Contouring Sales Training continuum
- Develop, implement and continually refine New hire onboarding processes for Body Contouring including updating training content, module creation, new hire checklist, new hire training calendar and ensure the most up to date versions are available on the Portal and LMS system
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the field force and coordinates training resources, personnel and contract services to ensure the long-term development of the Body Contouring Sales Team
- Primary partner with Meetings and Coordination team on scheduling internal coordination meetings/calls in preparation of assigned courses. Works with sales training department, Meetings and Coordination team and Meeting planning to support, develop and execute training programs
- Ensures all trainings, materials, and activities are aligned with legal, medical, compliance and regulatory requirements and Veeva approved when needed
- Owns development of course communications including pre-course attendee and attendee manager calls, pre-course emails, post course survey and post course survey results
- Works closely with third parties when appropriate securing enough licenses and attendee materials for assigned courses
- Assist Body Contouring Field Sales Training (FST) by managing key content and agendas for the Facial FSTs at the National FST meetings and throughout the year
- Assist national FST programs for Body Contouring including annual update of the FST Guide
- Assist with FST development at annual FST training program and throughout the year when FSTs are supporting training courses
Marketing Partnership and Sales Meetings
- Collaborates with Body Contouring Sales Leadership, Marketing, and Associate Director Sales Training to identify national and key regional sales meeting goals and objectives
- Collaborate with Marketing to coordinate on key training needs and assist marketing team with delivery of new rep-facing resources.
- Primary interface with Meeting and Coordination team, Meeting Planning and Key Agencies involved to ensure team understands workshop flow, objectives, and requirements
- Works with Production team to ensure workshop needs are met
- Attends assigned ad-boards throughout the year and provides feedback to brand teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of health care and or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 3 years field sales experience in the device industry with surgical experience strongly preferred
- 2 - 3 years of sales training experience preferred, not required
- 2 - 3 years project management experience, healthcare preferred, not required
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of projects and responsibilities, execute plans, and communicate project updates to a variety of internal clients.
- Analytical skills
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Continuously assesses training and development needs of the field force and coordinates training resources, personnel and contract services to ensure the long-term development of the Body Contouring team
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.