Biological Research Associate II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
Allergan Aesthetics is seeking a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Biological Research Associate II. The successful candidate for this position will contribute to projects aimed at pharmacological characterization of protein-based therapeutics. Under supervision by senior personnel, he/she will be required to work on a variety of in vivo animal pharmacology models to help characterize and evaluate biological compounds. This individual will need to organize, analyze and interpret results, come forward with recommendations and present the findings to senior personnel or in team meetings. Experience in handling and injecting rodents is required. Experience with histological, as well as other laboratory techniques is a plus. The successful candidate may collaborate extensively with other Research Associates and Scientists, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
Furthermore, the position requires the individual to work with and in areas requiring select agents and Toxins access (i.e. Biosafety level 2 and biosafety level 3 laboratories). Access to and use of select agents is regulated by federal policies. Therefore, the candidate must conduct all work activities in compliance with AbbVie internal and applicable regulatory requirements. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
- First class team player: collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Plan, design and execute in vivo pharmacological studies focused on motor, autonomic and sensory nervous system function, and potentially some in vitro assays. Formulation and dilution of large protein molecules.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare presentations to multidisciplinary teams.
- Work with cross-functional team members to accomplish the goals and requirements of the organization, including excellence in execution, and workload prioritization.
- Bachelor-level education in biological science field plus 2+ years’ experience in either academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Experience with performing a variety of rodent in vivo behavioral and/or pharmacological assays.
- Experience with small animal handling, dosing of molecules through a variety of different routes and post-mortem tissue harvest is required.
- Experience with histological techniques, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy techniques, as well as other laboratory techniques is a plus.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of graphing software (e.g., GraphPad prism) and basic understanding of statistical analyses is a plus.
In this role, we’re looking for a leader who will:
- Act as an Owner
- Be Excellence Focused
- Act as an Influencer
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.