Research Associate I/ Research Associate II, Bioassay and Process Analytics
Research Associate I/ Research Associate II, Bioassay and Process AnalyticsAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:As a Research Associate, you will play a key role in supporting our ongoing product development. Responsibilities includes sample analysis using analytical methods which include, but are not limited to, SEC (size exclusion chromatography), CEX (cation exchange), CE (capillary electrophoresis) and plate-based assays such as residual DNA by qPCR and ELISA. You will have the opportunity to learn a broad range of analytical methods from molecular characterization to functional assessment. You will plan, execute, analyze and document the laboratory studies. The focus of the position is to work in the process analytics laboratory.
- Conduct analytical sample testing in the laboratory to support the CMC product development activities.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using a variety of techniques and approaches including HPLC/UPLC-based methods and other alternative methods.
- Ensure the laboratory and analytical instruments are well maintained and troubleshoot potential issues.
- Ensure all relevant experiments and data are well documented.
- May prepare and review analytical procedures, protocols, and study reports as appropriate.
- Perform data analysis and present results in team meetings as needed.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Degree (BS, MS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related scientific field.
- Minimum of 0-1 year of relevant experience
- Relevant background and/or experience in analytical chemistry principles. Candidates with other scientific disciplines may be considered based on relevant experience.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with chromatography systems is a plus.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment and on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in oral and written communication with colleagues, with strong emphasis on using Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Physical ability to lift up to 30lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time.