Analyst, Contract Operations
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
This position requires a level of knowledge of contract administration including but not limited chargeback processing, to the entering of contract terms/updates in the contracting & rebate system, the calculation and processing of rebates, admin fees and price protection calculations for various customer types including but not limited to Medicaid, Managed Care, PBM, GPOs, and Clinics, government and/or wholesalers/distributors. The Analyst is responsible for processing chargeback debit memos that were rejected, reconciliations and exception reports as they relate to contract pricing, membership eligibility, effective dates and product contract pricing. The Analyst will facilitate the reconciliation of chargeback open deductions with wholesalers and work closely with Account Receivables to resolve the open deductions.
The Analyst may also be responsible for updating certain aspects of contracts in the system such as price changes, effective dates, etc. and/or process and pay administrative fees/rebates in a timely manner and in accordance with the contractual requirements in the Contract, Chargeback and Rebate system. The Analyst will perform membership activities in support of chargeback submissions, maintenance of membership and/or processing of administrative fees/rebates in accordance with contractual terms and department procedures. The Analyst will distribute exception reports to our trading partners and/or customers. They will establish and facilitate the resubmission process for chargebacks and work proactively with wholesalers/distributors to minimize unnecessary rejections to limit the financial impact of open chargeback deductions. Generate ad hoc management reports.
The individual must be able to work independently to calculate and verify monthly and quarterly payments for rebates, admin and/or service fees. The Analyst must be able to manage multiple priorities and ensure meeting contractual payment deadlines to avoid late payment fees and customer service issues. The Analyst may participate in special projects and be called upon to respond to ad hoc reporting and analysis. The Analyst will also perform periodic membership maintenance and support the retiering process under the direction of the process owner.
Responsible for reviewing and entering assigned contracts/amendments in system. Processes and tracks any commitment forms. Performs monthly/quarterly membership processes and other activities as assigned.
Maintain systems and logs to track status of contracts and rebates and admin/service fees on a timely and accurate basis. Fulfills required and ad hoc reporting requirements. Identifies and analyzes any discrepancies and provides management with an explanation.
- Identifies and analyzes any discrepancies and provides management with an explanation. Assists in retiering processes by providing detailed analysis of and validation of chargebacks/resubmissions, admin fees/rebates in system and/or perform membership activities. Interpret and update pricing and contract terms. Calculates and processes rebates and/or admin/service fees on a timely and accurate basis. Fulfills required and ad hoc reporting requirements. 60%
- Performs and maintains monthly and quarterly membership maintenance activities. Assists in membership, contract or special project assignments as requested. 15%
- Coordinates with other team members on system enhancements and troubleshooting system issues. 10%
- Manage the relationship and process flow with third party data scrubber. 15%
- BS/BA degree with 3-5 years of of overall experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent to 8+ years of experience in related field
- CARs/Model N experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to manipulate large data sets within Excel using vlookups, pivot tables, and formulas.
- Understanding of GPO, Managed Care, Government contracts(PHS-340B, VA, Medicaid) and Chargeback Process
- Outstanding customer service skills to both internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret contract terms and conditions and apply these to calculate and process rebates using internal systems and Excel
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.