Senior Manager IS, Data & Analytics GCOIS
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr Manager IS, Data & Analytics GCOIS
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be part of the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) and the team is responsible for delivering technology services and solutions around data, analytics and reporting that enable Amgen's US Commercial Operations.
At Amgen, data is crucial in our decision-making, and this role is essential to ensure the right information is made available at the right time. You will be partnering with various commercial teams (such as sales, marketing, data science, data management) to ensure that data, reporting, and analytics continue to enable understanding of our customers and products. You will lead a team of individual contributors and be accountable for roadmap creation and delivery for the US region.
Do you enjoy guiding teams through ambiguous situations and love building a highly motivated team with a culture of transparency, empathy and acceptance? Come join us!
- Responsible for Data & Analytics product team roadmap creation for US region in partnership with business partners
- Accountable for delivery against the roadmap using agile delivery model.
- Guide/unblock the team on day-to-day tactical delivery of feature improvements for our data and analytics portfolio.
- Responsible for career development focused on building broad set of data-related skills in team members, including Data Storage (AWS S3), Cloud Compute (AWS EC2), Highly Performant Data Warehouses (AWS Redshift), Data Engineering and Analytics (Databricks, Spark), Orchestration (Airflow, Jenkins), Request Management (Jira), and Reporting / Data Visualization Tools (Tableau).
- Coach/guide team on agile delivery model using scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Form relationships across other commercial IS teams focusing on identifying and leading initiatives to reduce friction between teams and improve product teams' efficacy.
- Responsible for the total cost of ownership (budget, licenses, infrastructure, run cost) for data and analytics area for US region.
- Seek opportunities to improve data access, availability, and usability for Amgen users across functions (Commercial, R&D, Medical, Corporate Functions and Operations)
- Continuous service improvements by reducing cycle time for delivery of projects and overall run cost of service
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a technology leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience of managing data at scale, with knowledge of Big Data, Analytics, Reporting, BI, Data Warehousing, and Data Integration technologies
- Ability to think strategically about technology, recommend solutions that align with IS and business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact
- Understanding of the latest AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Integration tools, Redshift, building large-scale and complex systems)
- Experience using at least one scripting language like Python and repository/versioning tools such as GitHub
- Demonstrated high learning agility with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong organizational, planning and financial management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across a matrixed organization
- Strong understanding in one or more - ETL, Batch Processing, APIs, Machine Learning
- Comfortable reading data trends and lets data speak during challenging emotional situations.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.