Biomarker Operations Associate
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting, growing company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs.
We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. Arcus Biosciences offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. Arcus is an ambitious undertaking, and we fully expect our company to become a force in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. Our employees enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment in which the “rule book” has not yet been written.
We have an opening for a Biomarker Operations Associate to work on-site at our Hayward facility. The candidate should have experience in clinical sample collection and logistics to work independently and collaboratively with members of the Pharmacodynamics, Immunohistochemistry and Clinical Operations teams. This position is critical to enable the evaluation of patient samples from Arcus’ antibody and small molecule combination clinical studies and will contribute meaningfully to the development of tomorrow’s medicines from our headquarters at Hayward in the SF Bay Area. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Biomarker Operations Senior Manager, Biomarker Scientists and Clinical Operations (Clin Ops) to track and handle sample collections, sample reconciliation and biomarker sections of clinical trial documents (lab manuals, SOW, ICF)
- Assist the Biomarker Operations Senior Manager in the creation of sample flow charts and monitoring sample logistics at vendors and labs (testing and storage)
- May collaborate with Clin Ops on site trainings for biomarker collections
- May represent Translational Science function at selected study management team (SMT) meetings
- Assists with arranging for receipt of clinical samples at Arcus and CROs and helps to maintain records in the Arcus clinical sample inventory database
- Responsible for receipt, check in and storage of peripheral blood samples and tumor biopsy samples retrieved from central labs
- Relay sample collection problems on a routine basis to the Clin Ops team
This position requires excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, coupled with aptitude and enthusiasm for collaboration and maintaining the integrity of our complex clinical trial sample collections and records. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, along with a solutions-based approach, flexibility, and the ability to focus and deliver on time-sensitive objectives. A willingness to learn, execute on given directions and contribute in a fast-paced environment is also essential.
Successful candidates for the associate role should have a BS in life sciences and at least 1-2 years work experience in an industry setting; handling clinical samples and experience with databases/LIMS is a plus.