Senior Associate, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, Discovery
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients with intractable diseases. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We are looking for a scientist with a strong background in bioinformatics / computational biology or related field to contribute to building Obsidian’s computational biology capabilities. The successful candidate will contribute to the execution and maintenance of data analysis pipelines to support research programs and the Discovery team’s functional screening platform. This role will be highly-collaborative with other multi-disciplinary scientists, providing critical analytical support to help advance the Discovery team’s target identification, lead optimization, and platform development.
This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded early-stage company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You will help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
Located in the heart of Cambridge, we are proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and potential for employee ownership through stock options. Apply to email@example.com.
- Manage the execution of analyses for routine screening assays that use sequencing data by running, maintaining, and updating analytical pipelines
- Ensure data and analysis quality using quality-control measures along with data management practices
- Effectively communicate analysis results and interpretations with key stakeholders using high-quality reports in a timely manner
- Assist with performing ad hoc analyses for research projects
- Exercise standard code-management practices, while maintaining analytical documentation and study reports in Electronic Notebook entries
- Collaborate effectively across Obsidian organization to support ongoing research projects by contributing analytical insights, requirements, workflows and presenting internally to project teams, management, and scientific teams
- MS degree in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Computer Science or a related field, OR a BS degree in one of the above areas with equivalent capabilities and relevant work
- Experience with commonly used programming languages for bioinformatics analysis, such as Python, R, and shell scripting.
- Exposure to standard NGS data analysis tools and pipelines (QC, alignment, secondary data analysis, enrichment analysis)
- Experience with Unix-based systems, source version control (e.g. Git) and cloud computing environments and tools (e.g. AWS, Azure, docker)
- Highly organized with strong record keeping and an ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment
- Ability to work with general direction to meet objectives and timelines, adapting to changes and priorities in order to fulfill our mission
- Experience in cancer genomic data analysis along with familiarity of public databases (e.g., Ensembl, Hapmap, UCSC), tools (e.g., cBioPortal), and resources (e.g., CCLE, TCGA)
- Drug development experience in a matrixed environment
- Experience with ELN platforms (e.g., Benchling)