Scientist, Cell Engineering, Discovery
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients with intractable diseases. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We are looking for a scientist with a strong background in cell engineering, cell biology, or related field to contribute to building Obsidian’s regulated gene editing program. The successful candidate will explore the ability to regulate the activity of gene editing proteins in cell lines and primary cells using a variety of delivery methods. This role will be highly collaborative with other members of the team and across the company to help build out a novel focus area for the Discovery team.
This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded early-stage company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You will help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
Located in the heart of Cambridge, we are proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and potential for employee ownership through stock options. Apply to email@example.com.
- Develop protocols to engineer cell lines and primary cells using transfection, lentiviral, and AAV delivery methods.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and execute assays to measure regulation of gene editing in engineered cell lines and primary cells.
- Interpret results, troubleshoot technical hurdles, and propose solutions to the team.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain excellent records of experiments in Electronic Notebook entries.
- Collaborate across Obsidian organization to support ongoing research projects by contributing insights and presenting to project teams, management, and scientific teams.
- PhD in a relevant discipline (cell or molecular biology, genetics, etc), or MS plus equivalent capabilities and experience in a biotech/pharma setting.
- Demonstrated expertise engineering diverse cell lines and primary cells using viral delivery methods such as lentivirus and AAV.
- Experience with gene editing technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9. Exposure to standard NGS data analysis tools and pipelines (QC, alignment, secondary data analysis, enrichment analysis).
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills, highly organized with strong record-keeping and an ability to multi-task.
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction to meet objectives and timelines, adapting to changes and priorities to fulfill our mission.
- Experience working on teams in a matrixed environment.
- Knowledge of the cell and gene therapy field.
- Expertise in myoblast and myocyte biology.