Associate Director, Oncology Franchise Marketing - HCP Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
U.S. Strategic Marketing is a recently formed team within U.S. Commercial Oncology Marketing. Oncology Franchise Marketing is composed of six sub-teams: Consumer Marketing, Precision Medicine and Diagnostics, Advocacy and Professional Relationships, Strategy Thought Leader Strategy, Strategic Account Marketing and Franchise Marketing.
The Franchise Marketing team is responsible for leading strategy and maximizing effectiveness across all of U.S. Oncology as it relates to the following focus areas: Congresses, Sponsorships, Peer-to-Peer Programs, and GPO Execution. This group works collaboratively with other U.S. Commercial Oncology teams to establish and manage strategies derived from brand plans, create annual plans related to the above focus areas, and work alongside AbbVie internal functions to support flawless execution.
The Associate Director, HCP Marketing position will lead a team that collaborates with Thought Leadership Liaisons (“TLLs”), brand marketing teams, US Field Operations and the collaboration partner in the strategy, development and execution of peer-to-peer HCP marketing for all current and future AbbVie Oncology brands.
The Associate Director is responsible for ensuring proper management and oversight of Speaker Program operational processes, including the management of Speaker Program Vendor(s) to ensure thorough logistical planning and execution within the required timelines in collaboration with TLLs and brand teams. The Associate Director is also ultimately responsible for the quality of live speaker trainings, content/deck development, and reports delivered to the sales and brand teams, as well as providing issues resolution and budget management.
The Associate Director will build a maximally effective team and drive innovation in capabilities and approach to Speaker Program content and process, tools, technology, identify and implement opportunities for synergy in HCP marketing, as well as stay abreast of trends and policies in those areas.
- Build an overall HCP marketing strategy in collaboration with brand teams, collaboration partner, and other internal stakeholders
- Ultimately accountable for planning and logistics of live speaker training events
- Properly manage and allocate resources to support HCP marketing programs
- Ensure HCP marketing programs are executed properly and that field issues are handled appropriately
- Provide visibility of HCP marketing initiatives to brand and franchise leadership
- Promote a culture of compliance and ensure adherence to relevant policies and procedures related to planning and executing Speaker Programs
- Promote synergy and coordination across HCP marketing team
- Participate in the annual budgeting process to ensure appropriate funding in order to deliver on brand objectives and oversee the use of the cross-franchise Speaker Program budget
- Synthesize feedback from internal partners and stakeholders to provide direction to drive process and capability innovation
- Seek out best practices in HCP marketing from other franchises within AbbVie
- Stay current on all processes and procedures related to Speaker Programs
- Promote career development of team members through coaching and relevant trainings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Track record of successful team leadership
- Strong organizational, project management, and team coordination skills
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills, MS Office and third-party software as needed
- Peer-to-peer Marketing experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of AbbVie policies, procedures, culture, and other brand team operations
- Successful team leadership experience in field sales and marketing
- Knowledge and experience in Oncology markets
- Continuous Improvement and/or Change Management skills
Hematology and future Oncology cross-functional teams, including Brand, Internal and External Agency Partners, Market Access / GPO, Medical, MABI, Legal, OEC, GMCO, Consumer Marketing, Precision Medicine and Diagnostics, Advocacy and Professional Relationships, Strategy Thought Leader Strategy, Strategic Account Marketing, Commercial Excellence, and collaboration partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.