Director, Information Technology
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities with a research focus on synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
Responsible for directing daily operational activities of IT systems in support of the Company’s mission critical operations. Lead the End-user support, Infrastructure and Cybersecurity discipline across IT Infrastructure in support of the IT environment for on-premises and cloud hosted solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Setup Laptops for new hires with images that are standardized for security, and build
- Plan and manage the installation, upgrade, repair, movement, and replacement of desktops, laptops, servers and peripherals.
- Deploy Laptop and device security with applications such as Crowd Strike, VM Ware Air Watch, and other End Point backups & Security
- Help manage desktop, laptop, audio visual and other related hardware and software support activities in a corporate office environment.
- Coordinate resolution/escalation/tracking of requests for desktop support via phone, and at the customer's desk.
- Present status of department programs to the executive management team, including on-going and regular collaboration with the IT Leadership
- Execute Cybersecurity strategy. Work on Processes, Policies and implement security tools including implementation of Security Monitoring and Incident response service.
- Manage Email Security with Mimecast and other 24x7 security operations activities
- Execute IT enterprise infrastructure including network (including WAN, LAN, Wireless, SDWAN, switching, routing, VPNs and firewalls), compute, storage, virtualization, database, directory, authentication, monitoring, identity, access and remote access services.
- Perform problem diagnosis on hard ware, operating system, and/or applications.
- Perform hardware and peripheral installations as required and troubleshoot problems.
- Manage file systems and disk space.
- Manage Virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Report project status weekly for non-recurring efforts to management
- Troubleshoot, fix and resolve network connectivity issues related to workstations and servers.
- Perform configuration changes to both hardware and software.
- Restore system to functioning state and gain customer concurrence for problem resolution.
- Resolve network/telecommunications related issues with remote users; escalate to higher level when necessary.
- Maintain contact with customers until issues have been resolved.
- Performs other IT job related tasks as assigned by IT Management.
- 7+ years as a Lead IT Infrastructure & Support Engineer including delivery of technical designs for Network, Storage, Compute, Data, Security, and Applications services.
- Experience working, designing, developing and architecting Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and other cloud providers.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills with active-listening skills
- Knowledge of using computer systems, which may include setting up and using hardware and software programs, entering data or processing information
- Knowledge of information security best practices and administrative, physical and technical safeguards (experience with common security frameworks preferred)
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing and measuring customer service
- Knowledge of best practices in managing a technical support helpdesk
- Knowledge of application development/maintenance or operations/infrastructure management
- Knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Cisco (switches and contact center), Pure (flash storage), Isilon storage, HP servers and laptops, Apple and Android hardware (mobile phones, laptops and tablets); VMWare, Microsoft Exchange, active directory
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.