R&D Associate (Viral Vector Technologies)
Regeneron is currently seeking a hardworking and motivated Research Associate to join a technology development group which aims to develop novel viral-based vectors. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong background in molecular biology, virology, and cell biology. We are searching for an individual to work methodically and with minimal supervision. His/her main goal will be to design and produce viral vectors, and to characterize them by performing various in vitro and in vivo assays. Experience with tissue culture and handling cell lines is required.
As an R&D Associate in Viral Vector Technologies, a typical day may include the following:
• Maintain, transfect, and transduce mammalian cell cultures
• Manage and organize large quantities of tissue culture plates
• Produce, purify, quantify, and characterize viral vectors
• Develop and test new conditions of viral vector production and purification
• Develop new assays to characterize and assess quality of viral vectors
• Evaluate in vivo virus transduction and transgene expression
• Perform basic biochemical/immunological assays (ELISA, flow cytometry)
• Perform basic molecular biology assays (Cloning, Western blotting, DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, quantitative PCR, etc.)
• Manipulate viral vectors in BSL2 cell culture
This role may be for you if:
• You have hands on proven experience with cell culture, virology, basic molecular biology/biochemistry, cell biology, flow cytometry, experience with virus purification
• You have a general understanding of microbiology and immunology
• You enjoy analyzing and presenting data and are able to maintain lab supplies and help with lab organization
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS/MS and a minimum of 2 years of experience working in academia or industry. We are seeking an individual skilled in virus manipulation and culturing techniques. Incumbent should have experience in designing well-controlled experiments that can provide reliable results and should be able to analyze data and extract conclusions. We need a candidate with experience with basic safety procedures and sterile techniques required for BSL2 laboratory function. Understanding of and experience with in vitro and in vivo assays with viral vectors will be a distinct advantage. Some experience with virus purification is strongly desired.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.