The bioassay group within the Therapeutic Proteins Department is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Research Associate to join our highly collaborative team. You will perform experiments for the in-vitro characterization of preclinical and clinical drug candidates in Regeneron's pipeline. This includes performing experiments to test the ability of these drug candidates to activate responses in both primary and engineered mammalian cells.
The ideal candidate will have experience with mammalian cell culture, stable cell line generation, primary cell isolation, flow cytometry and cell-based functional assays such as reporter and proliferation assays. As a dynamic group with projects in therapeutics areas, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn new techniques and areas of science.
In this role, a typical day might include performing the following:
- Work with mammalian cell culture.
- Generate stable cell lines via plasmid- and virus-based techniques.
- Use flow cytometry for evaluating cell surface protein expression and antibody binding studies.
- Isolate PBMCs for use in primary cell assays.
- Handle primary cell functional assays to evaluate cytokine release and effector function.
- Manage cell-based reporter assays.
- Plan experiments, including proper controls.
- Analyze data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Record data in an electronic notebook in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate with supervisor and other lab members in an effective manner.
- Present data within and outside the group clearly and concisely.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy working productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You have strong communication skills.
To be considered for the role, you must have a bachelor's degree with 4+ years' experience or Masters with 2+ years experience. Cell Culture experience (adherent and non-adherent cells). Flow Cytometry experience. table cell line generation.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.