Business System Consultant – OEC Data Privacy
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Business System Consultant for Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) will serve as a technical advisor and a primary point of contact for the data privacy business team to create, plan and implement solutions that provide critical capabilities to support the legal compliance requirements. Colloborates with
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Assists with the creation of technology roadmap in alignment with business strategy.
- Creates user journey map that depicts the end-to-end customer experience across multiple touchpoints to understand and address customer needs and pain points.
- Collaborates and partners effectively with cross-functional BTS teams as well as external vendors.
- Able to lead and influence within a matrix organization without direct authority.
- Oversees Application Support Issue resolution, decommission activities, post data archival partnering with Managed Service Providers
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provides direction and guidance to junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience
- 7+ years’ experience in lead business consultant or solution architect role partnering with stakeholders to understand business requirements, program needs, and demonstrated ability to translate those into realistic and innovative technology and process solutions.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong experience with SLC process and documentation
- High Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint to present Solution Options to business
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Vendor management experience
- Experience with implementing Sales Force applications
- Experience in leading analytics projects using tools like Hadoop, Qlik Sense/Tableau/Power BI/Power Apps and Data Science tools
- Experience Agile methodolgies and DevOps tools (JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience working with SQL queries using Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Exposure to ETL interface solutions for SAP/Concur/Veeva/SFDC
- Project management experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.