Senior Manager, SP&A, Project Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager position resides within the Sales Planning and Analytics department and acts as the main point person for all analytic needs of the Plastics and Regenerative Medicine Business Unit. This role regularly communicates and interacts with leadership, project managers, and various stakeholders to understand and support operational enhancement objectives. The Senior Manager partners with commercial operations to gain insights and understanding of inventory, forecasts, supply chain, contracting implications, trends, and performance incentives. This role coordinates with commercial functions to provide analytical insights and information needed for the successful execution of business objectives. This person will work with brand leadership and other key customers to develop, administer and train incentive compensation plans that effectively motivate performance in alignment with business strategy. In addition, they will need to proactively identify technology enhancements that help to improve the success of business objectives. Lastly, this person will oversee critical field processes for the purposes of ensuring smooth operations along with adhering to compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to determine and support business objectives
- Support process improvement initiatives including, but not limited to; A/R reconciliation, supply chain efficiency, and contract design.
- Collaborate with business partners to design effective Incentive Compensation plans that support overall strategy
- Ensure all incentive programs are equitable, motivating and aligned to corporate incentive philosophy
- Proactively analyze the impact of changes in sales trends, inventory fluctuations and how contracting strategies may impact performance and results
- Leverage Sales Ops team to stay updated on latest industry trends and practices in sales planning and analytics and share with leadership to provide insights and recommendations on enhancements
- Support key stakeholders through data management, KPI tracking, sales analytics and ad hoc reporting
- Report on field force execution metrics to sales leadership on a regular basis and support business planning
- Champion franchise needs as they relate to field-focused deliverables
- Listen to / be voice of customers’ needs
- Proactively track trends to bring innovative ideas to leadership
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of related experience
- Strong understanding of how GPOs/IDNs operate including but not limited to affiliations, memberships, & decision-making structure
- Power BI certified a plus
- Salesforce.com certified a plus
- Alteryx experience a plus
- Must have a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and Senior Management
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.