We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for a motivated and efficient Verification Engineer who will be focused on enabling and testing our DNA synthesis technology and the development of DNA Script's commercial product. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The position will be US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Lead the definition, design, and execution of system verification activities on instrument projects
- Determine strategy for testing product and sub-system requirements, including how requirements will be tested, sample size, resource and material needs
- Develop and write system verification test methods to evaluate product requirements
- Writing and executing test verification and validation protocols and associated summary reports and other related documents
- Conduct representative DNA synthesis experiments to augment user-oriented testing
- Contribute to system qualification executions, FAT and QC Release procedures for pre-production test units
- Assist in development of specifications as they relate to the system and intended use.
- Exercise independent judgment and apply solution thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Use manufacturing, test, development, and/or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Work closely with development engineers to conduct engineering tests, collect performance data, and/or assist in research work.
- Maintain a clean work environment including instruments and equipment and workspace
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or molecular biology-related scientific discipline
- 2-5 years of verification and validation experience in a regulated industry; in vitro diagnostics, medical device, or biotech preferred
- Experience in systems verification and validation principles or studies while working in biotech, pharma industry, clinical research, or other relevant industry.
- Experience in product development and design control.
Ideal Candidate will have
- Experience with Development and execution of test method validations, Installation and qualification of QC equipment systems, and Computer Systems Validation
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and remediation issues found during testing.
- Highly effective verbal and written skills, including technical authorship.
- Ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience running and trouble-shooting complex instruments including electromechanical systems, especially linear actuators and fluidics.
- Extensive experience diagnosing and correcting problems with instruments or equipment.
- Experience and aptitude with testing light mechanical systems. Experience working on analytical instruments combining mechanisms, electronics, automation, and fluidics.
- Experience in reliability or life testing. Experience developing fixtures and instrumentation for assembly and testing.
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: Q2 2021