Senior Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering the development of controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients with intractable diseases. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with expertise in in vivo pharmacology to develop and characterize our cell therapy products in our pipeline targeting cancer. You will collaborate with research groups to build on a foundation to deliver in vivo proof of concept to foster translation to the clinic. As part of our In Vivo Pharmacology group you will be a vital part of a highly collaborative and skilled team working to achieve Obsidian’s vision by translating innovative science into medical breakthroughs for patients.
This is a unique opportunity to be a scientific contributor in a well-funded early-stage company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You will help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
Located in the heart of Cambridge, we’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and potential for employee ownership through stock options. Apply to email@example.com.
- Develop and implement immuno-oncology preclinical anti-tumor efficacy studies using adoptive transfer of primary cells and small molecule dosing
- Employ novel methodologies for in vivo characterization of modified primary cells, biomarker assessment, and pharmacodynamic characterization
- Perform routine tissue culture to support various in vivo activities
- Design experiments with appropriate oversight, meticulously execute on bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot, and communicate findings
- Enthusiastic team worker with strong interpersonal skills, flawless attention-to-detail, and commitment to working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- BS/MS with 3+ years’ experience in the biotech/pharma and/or academic setting
- Experience with in vivo animal studies required, including animal handling, performing routine injections (sc, ip, iv and po), necropsy, collection of blood and tissues
- Expertise with murine intravenous injections and oral gavage dosing preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with in vivo oncology studies; experience with in vivo immuno-oncology models a strong plus
- Desire and drive to learn and understand basic biologic mechanisms as it relates to our different cell products
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and excellent communication skills, highly organized with flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Preferred familiarity with Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism for necessary data entry, analysis, and presentations
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment
- Authorized to work in the US at the time of application
- Experience with handling and formulating small molecule compounds
- Familiarity with IVIS bioluminescence imaging
- In vitro experience in handling and propagating primary cells
- Ex vivo experience to support pharmacodynamic analyses (e.g. MSD, qPCR, FACS)