Principal Chemist/Associate Director, Natural Products
As a Principal Chemist/Associate Director of Natural Products, you will play a leadership role on a team of scientists and research associates focused on isolating and characterizing novel compounds produced in microbial culture and generated by the HEx platform, our synthetic biology pipeline. You’ll apply your extensive industry experience to refine the accuracy, throughput and scale of Hexagon's chemistry workflow. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate with scientists across the organization.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in natural products / organic chemistry or a related field
- 10+ years of industry experience in the isolation and characterization of natural products from microbial cultures
- Extensive experience with purification techniques such as liquid-liquid and solid phase extraction, flash chromatography, and preparative-HPLC
- Extensive experience with automated tools for the analysis of LC/MS data, such as XCMS
- Extensive experience in compound characterization using both 1D and 2D NMR techniques
- Experience in assaying the bioactivity of natural products
- Deep understanding of natural product biosynthesis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage scientists and research associates
Nice to Have:
- Experience coding in python and R
- Willingness to interface with lab automation systems
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.