Machine Learning Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Machine Learning Engineer
What you will do
The DH&I Data Science & Engineering (DS&E) team is seeking an experienced Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) to advance our mission and help build, deploy and sustain machine learning models that can predict patients' risk for particular diseases, infer medicines that could be most efficacious for patients, along with other solutions that benefit patients. In this capacity, the Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) will aid in the development of the technical and data pipelines for digital products that feature AI/ML algorithms, including how data and models will be scaled, monitored, maintained and effectively managed.
- Join efforts with Amgen business leaders to identify, understand, explore, and deliver relevant data analyses to inform data inclusion, exclusion, and sub-setting criteria as well as feature and model selection for DH&I solutions.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to develop data models and algorithms that focus on improving patient outcomes across multiple therapeutic areas leveraging diverse data.
- Assist in feature engineering tasks to extract and create data features from large data sets for input into models.
- Collaborate with data scientists to define model validation strategies, train and tune models, and analyze and resolve errors in models.
- Drive machine learning model deployment to production.
What we expect of you
- 1+ years experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer, Software Engineer, or Data Scientist.
- Some familiarity with developing production-level ML systems
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language, Python preferred.
- Familiarity with ubiquitous machine learning algorithms and approaches (NNs, RF classifiers, Ensemble methods, NLP etc...) and when to use them.
- Comfortable within a Linux operating system and associated shell commands.
- Strong communicator; can interpret technical requirements from senior MLEs and layman questions on ML concepts from stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
- Some experience with distributed compute / data processing technology (e.g. Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Dask).
- Hands-on experience using Databricks or Apache Spark (i.e. PySpark, SparkR, or Scala)
- Experience with common ML frameworks and libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, kedro).
- Curious learner that keeps up-to-date with new ML technologies.
- Adept at project management with version control (i.e. git/Github).
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to self-direct.
- Experience in managing project scope.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.