Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize omics techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
The field of single cell transcriptomics by RNA-Seq at high-throughput scale is revolutionizing biological investigation. We are seeking a highly motivated single cell computational biologist to lead, advise and assist in the data analysis, interpretation and integration of large-scale single cell transcriptomics. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. This position reports to the Director of Data Science.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus, potential opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Analyze and visualize single cell transcriptomics data using published or custom scripts
- Identify and develop optimal algorithms and workflows to analyze large scale single cell transcriptomics datasets, separately and integratively
- Identify and integrate relevant external datasets to aid in the analysis and interpretation of internal data
- Ensure completeness, critical evaluation, correctness and integrity of analyses and datasets
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community including publications
- Interact and collaborate with data scientists and team members on daily basis
- Serve as bioinformatics specialist to support research and development focusing on Alkahest's genomics efforts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related field applied to biological data.
- Proven track record with publications, demonstrating mastery of both computational analysis and biology
- Significant experience (4+ years) in analyzing and modeling high dimensional single-cell data
- Willing to take on exploratory novel methods. Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Solid expertise in statistics and modeling, including but not limited to linear and non-linear modeling, multivariate analysis, network analysis, machine learning, and algorithm development
- Research experience in neuroscience or aging is a plus
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of system biology principles, tools, and databases
- Creative and collaborative team spirit and the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Solid experience working on the command line using bash and shell scripting
- Demonstrated skills in Python and R
- Solid experience with bioconductor and ggplot
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, following best practices, in particular documentation
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment