Associate Director/Director of Research Software Development
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in San Diego, is located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad. Ionis was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Ionis is seeking an experienced and self-motivated full-stack software developer to work as part of the Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics team. The selected candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary and highly innovative team designing and implementing tools to support drug discovery research efforts. Work will include building Docker-based web services to deliver rich data-driven user-interfaces for the interrogation of complex biological and chemical data.
- Lead a team of software developers
- Modernize legacy applications
- Develop tools for various research teams that help medicinal chemists, biologists and computational biologists better capture and leverage in-house and external data in their research
- Manage AWS development operations, including continuous development tools like Nexus Repository, Jenkins, load-balancing and others
- Enhance institutional data access using tools like RESTful API’s and modern web UI/UX frameworks
- Work directly with end-users to troubleshoot and/or design and prioritize feature enhancements to existing tools
- MS degree in Computational Sciences
- Demonstrated management of development team using modern engineering practices including static analysis and coding standards, unit testing and coverage analysis, continuous integration, code reviews and defect tracking, code repository and automated testing
- 8+ years software development experience leading a high-performance team
- 2+ years experience with relational databases and/or Oracle background
- Experience with a web app component-based framework like Angular or React
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CodePipeline, Nexus, etc.
- Experience deploying services using AWS services and Docker
- Strong Linux skills
- Must have excellent communication and requirement gathering skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Reference Requisition #IONIS02541
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.